Makes 10 Servings
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/4 cup reduced-fat blue cheese
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound ground chicken breast
1 small red bell pepper, minced
3 tablespoons reduced-sodium bottled hot pepper sauce
2 tablespoons plain dry whole wheat bread crumbs
1 shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups celery sticks
2 1/2 cups carrot sticks
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray.
2. To make the dressing combine mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese, lemon juice and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Cover and refrigerate to allow the flavors to blend, about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine ground chicken, bell pepper, 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, bread crumbs, shallot, garlic, and salt in a large bowl until well mixed. With lightly moistened hands, from the mixture into 30 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Place on the baking sheet. Bake until meatballs are lightly browned and cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
5. Transfer meatballs to a large bowl. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce and gently toss until coated. Serve with the dressing, celery and carrot sticks.
Nutrition Information per serving (3 meatballs with scant 2 tablespoons dressing, 1/2 cup celery sticks, 1/2 cup carrot sticks):
Total Fat 12g (Sat. 1.5g Trans 0g)