For the Base
1 Cup Oreo cookie crumbs
3 tsp Instant Espresso Powder
4 Tbsp Butter, unsalted, melted
For the Cake
1 lb Cream Cheese, at room temperature
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1/3 Cup Sugar, granulated
1 Tablespoon Instant Espresso Powder
2 Eggs, large, room temperature
2 Egg Yolks, large, room temperature
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
For the Topping
3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
1/8 tsp Cocoa Powder
1. In a food processor, combine crumbs, espresso powder, and butter until it resembles wet sand. May end up using more or less butter for this. Press into bottom of a 6-inch cheesecake pan. Place in refrigerator to chill while you are mixing together the filling.
2. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Fill a kettle with water and bring to a boil. and combine in it the cream cheese, brown sugar, white sugar, espresso, eggs, egg yolks and vanilla. Process to make a smooth mixture with no coffee powder visible.
3. Cover outside of pan with a protective layer of plastic wrap covered with a double layer of foil. Fill with cream cheese batter, and place in a roasting pan. Pour boiling water into roasting pan to come about halfway up side of pan. Bake until middle of cake is set but not firm (it should still wobble), 30 to 45 minutes.
4. Remove cheesecake from water bath and place on a rack. Remove outer layers from pan and allow to cool completely. Refrigerate for at least a few hours, preferably overnight.
5. Remove cheesecake from refrigerator 20 to 30 minutes before serving. To remove from pan, slide a knife around inside edge of pan, then release sides. Place cheesecake on a platter.
6. Whisk cream into soft peaks, and spread on top of cake. Push cocoa through a fine-mesh sieve to dust cake.